On these pages we will try to discribe both the fauna and the adventure that lies ahead for you up here in the arctic.
Syltefjord, along with Batsfjord, clings to one of the biggest and richest fishing grounds in the world, the Barentz Sea.
Arctic Tourist has its base right here in Syltefjord where we give travellers » a taste of the Arctic adventure»
We can offer:
- Birdwatching: (Winter) Among others, several speices of Eider Ducks, Glaucous Gulls, Cormorant Collony and Kittiwakes..all this in Båtsfjord. easyly accessible for photographers from our boats or our floating photohides,
- Furthermore, during spring and summer in Syltefjord we can show you: Razorbills, Common Murre, Black Guillemot, a huge Gannet collony and the great Whitetip eagle.
- Kingcrab safari: where you come out to sea with us, haul the crabs, cook them and finally enjoy the catch on your dinnerplate. (page comming up shortly)
- Sightseeing around the Varanger Peninsula.
- Experience Hamningberg. The little fishermans village that was abandoned in the `60`s.
- Searafting: Full speed ahead towards the Barentz Sea in one of our fast going RIB`s
…and so the list goes on…
With activities such as sightseeing, kingcrab fishing and birdwatching, we`ll show you the whole municipality including Syltefjord, Hamningberg, a bit of the Varanger Peninsula and a little piece of the Barentz Sea, with all the ferocity and very special character this area has to offer.
Arctic Tourist is a center for adventure, arctic nature and great hospitality.
We just know you will love the Arctic, and Syltefjord